Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Memories for a Lifetime

We traveled to Disney with two other families that we met through our adoption. I have to say that the three four year olds got along famously despite the complete lack of schedule, sleep, or normalcy. It was so much fun to watch them try to process all the excitement. Two of my favorite memories revolve around our meeting of Lady Tremaine and her daughters...you know...the EVIL Stepmother and Stepsisters to Cinderella. I expected Lia to love all things Princess...but soon discovered these three lovelies really rock her boat. When I pointed out that they are mean...she told me they are FUNNY. When we met them at dinner with Cinderella, the three girls ganged up to convince Anastasia that the mice and NOT Cinderella had stolen her sash and that the ripping of Cinderella's gown was unnecessary. (you've all seen the movie right??). We met the same three actresses two days later at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Check SpellingParty and the girls were first in line at the meet and greet for the Family Tremaine. This time they sang, "Sing Sweet Nightingale" for them...also from the movie. Lia was just thrilled beyond words...and I was overcome with pride. You know...because Lia sang for the EVIL STEPMOTHER and all. Always a surprise with my girl...but she never fails to make me laugh. (and for the record, I am working hard to drive home the importance of kindness and putting others first... :-))

IMG_4768-Edit

IMG_4764-Edit

Another highlight was a little group photoshoot we attempted after our dinner with Cinderella. Disney has professional photographers stationed around the park. Once you get a card, you can stop and have photos taken that they just scan onto your card. As a group, we were able to all have our own cards, and then combine them at the end of the trip. We all loved doing this and are now enjoying going through the over 1000 pictures we have between us to put together our albums. We spotted a photographer at the Floridian and thought since the girls were dressed up like princesses, we would try to get them all together. They gave the poor guy a real run for his money. I enjoyed documenting him trying to wrangle them all. I will share the photos he got once I get the cd, but needless to say, they are hilarious. This one was early in the session...they were still relatively tame and ladylike...so cute!!

IMG_4678-Edit

I still have tons of photos to go through and edit. Lia is sick...and Daddy is in Houston. Despite the magic of our trip, we landed squarely back in REAL LIFE pretty quickly. I hope to catch up this weekend and organize our trip by day...now doesn't THAT sound interesting???

12 comments:

Jodee said...

What a fabulous trip! Cute pictures!

I hope Lia is feeling better soon!

Jboo said...

Can't wait to hear more and see more photos! Looks like a blast!! It IS a magical place, isn't it!

Hope Lia feels better soon!

Janet

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so glad y'all had such a good time. What a memory for all your girls.

Erin said...

So funny!!! Libby loves "Sing Sweet Nightingale" too! That Lia sure is cute. She just gets the party going, doesn't she??? Glad it was so magical. And I love the tip about the photog cards!!!

Kim and Dennis said...

I can't wait to see your pics. I am sorry that we didn't get together. I emailed you a bit too late and the time that I did call, I didn't get an answer. We had a great time and I am sure you guys did too!

the meaklims said...

I always gush over your pictures. Seeing this post just makes me want to take my little girl there, too young for singing though. No wonder you were so proud. :)

Jill

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It sounds like you guys had an awesome trip!! I can only imagine the pictures you all have.....probably enough to crash a computer:)

The girls look so cute....I bet they were in heaven all week!

Hopefully Lia is feeling better and Daddy is back home. We have a viral thing running through the house too...I am just starting to feel myself again.

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Tonya and Casey said...

Hysterical!! Those girls are something else... I like the stepsisters too. They add interest. haha!!

Adorable pictures. Can't wait to see more!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh it looks like SO SO SO much fun! Kate does not like those sisters in the movie...not sure how she would react to them in person:)

3 Peanuts said...

P.S. I hope Lia feels better.

Sue said...

Great story and pics. Can't wait to see more photos from the trip.

Sue : )

Laura said...

I want to go back NOW!!!

Miss you!!

xoxox,
laura