Friday, March 7, 2008

More Birthday Fun!

I realized I never posted pictures of Jim and his FABULOUS birthday cake! Lia and I conspired for several days as to the type and flavor of cake Daddy might like. Lia was absolutely convinced that he would adore a Diego cake...because Daddy is a boy! Well, since I couldn't argue with the obvious, off we went to order a Diego cake that was chocolate AND vanilla. Once we reached the bakery, Lia momentarily waffled and thought for a few minutes that Daddy would absolutely LOVE a 3D Cinderella cake, but I was so proud that she really gave it some thought and came back to Diego (and not the one SHE liked best!). I am fairly certain that this was the first time the cake decorator was requested to pipe "Happy Birthday Daddy" on a Diego cake...she may still be shaking her head at that one!


We picked up the cake after school on Jim's birthday. Lia could not stand the long wait until Daddy got home to see his surprise. She was just beside herself with excitement. I finally called Jim and asked him to come home early!


We had a wonderful dinner topped off by a piece of the sweetest cake I have ever eaten. It really was the stuff that Mom dreams are made of. Here is a picture of the birthday boy and his favorite girl!

See what I mean??? EVERY TIME I get the camera out....funny face time...

10 comments:

Heather said...

Not only is Diego a boy, but he is pretty hip! Saving all those animals and such, why he's a modern day Tarzan! So cute - what a sweet, sweet daughter, that precious Lia:)

Happy weekend,
Heather

paige said...

my goodness, could she be any cuter!
what a precious family

thank you for your sweet note for my mil. i know it will mean so much to her
blessings to you

Ashton said...

Could that last picture be any cuter??? She is so cute the camera loves her!

Denise C said...

NOW that is the sweetest cake ever made! I just know Daddy loved his special cake chosen by his girl!
Brought tears to my eyes because it reminds me of how Chelsi would want to get presents for her daddy ....things that she loved...thinking that he would them just as well....and you know what...HE DID! Now that's love...just like you have at your house! Aren't we blessed!!!

Julie said...

Too cute! we had cinderella cake for the princesses b'day. it was a castle and they had chosen it way in advance of the party!

Anonymous said...

Jim certainly has a funny face. :) Hope to see you today!!!

Laura

Jboo said...

What a sweetie to get such a special cake for her Dad! Great photos -- looks like lots of fun was had by all!

Janet

Sharon said...

My daughter makes 'ugly' faces for every shot! URG. Sweet shots!!

Erin said...

Cute! She must be growing up, if she can choose what Daddy would like most! So sweet. As for pictures, I am a tyrant. I stand there until my boys stop horsing around and smile. They now know that I will wait endlessly for them, and they just get it over with. Ironically, the "horsing around" photos are, of course, my favorites!

Danielle Moss said...

These photos are adorable. Love Lia's smile in the first photo. Too cute!