Thursday, November 27, 2008

So this is love...

Yesterday was a big day for us. Lia had an extended audience with the big jolly guy. Since most people were at home, preparing for Thanksgiving I assume, we had Santa to ourselves for quite some time. He was one of the kindest, sweetest Santas I have ever met...and Lia was equally smitten. She spoke to him in soft, reverent tones, alternating between telling him that she loved him and the occasional Christmas request. She promised him gingerbread men for Christmas Eve...so I better dust off my recipe and get baking!! It was just one of those unplanned moments that turn into lifelong memories...a nice little start to this most special of seasons.

We have so very much to be thankful for today. Wishing you all a most wonderful of Thanksgiving Days with lots of turkey, pumpkin pie...and dreams come true.

blogsanta

(This photo is scanned...thus the blurriness :-))

12 comments:

Jboo said...

How sweet!! I'm sure the big guy was smitten with Lia too and made special notes of just what she wants for Christmas!

Happy Thanksgiving -- wishing you and yours lots of turkey, stuffing and pie!

Janet

Jodee said...

This picture is just adorable! I hope you are enjoying all of your favorite things on Thanksgiving!

Missy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kate! I hope your day was special and fun filled. I LOVE the pic of sweet Lia and the big man. I know he was smitten were her as well. Love her MJ outfit.

Grateful for you, sweet lady!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Lia looks very comfortable up there on Santa's lap....I think he has already put her on the "Nice" list. Truly adorable....what a special day for you two.....the unplanned moments are the best!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa

PS. Change in plans....we are still here at home....long story, but I was at the grocery store at 7:45am to buy everything I needed to cook a complete Thanksgiving spread for our family....didn't think I would pull it off, but I did....we had everything from Turkey to the pumpkin pie!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Oh, that's just too sweet. Happy Thanksigiving :)

Denna said...

Precious!!!

Michelle R Photography said...

How fun for Lia to get some one-on-one attention from Santa. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

Deb said...

Too cute! Looked like she was pretty comfortable with Santa! Better get busy baking Mom!

Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jennifer said...

How sweet. Lia looks so happy in the picture.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

Jen

3 Peanuts said...

So sweet....I love how Lia is snuggling into the big man:) I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

We almost always go the day before Thanksgiving to avoid long lines and kick off our season too. We went Wednesday too.. I juts have not posted them yet:)

Kam said...

How sweet! I love her expression! I still have pics like this from when I was a kid going to visit Santa...what a memory for her! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Bridget said...

I can't wait to go see Santa - not sure Lucy will look as happy as Lia! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!