Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend in Review

Our weekend was extremely productive, with a little fun thrown in for good measure. I was able to switch out Lia's wardrobe from her winter things to all of her fun summer clothes...now that summer actually seems to be arriving. While I was at it, I contemplated what kind of closet system we need for her room. I hope to get that done soon...how one little girl could have so many clothes is a bit of a mystery! It felt great to get SOMETHING organized. We are expecting her big girl bed this week. This is the one we ordered (with different bedding):

Yesterday, Jim spotted the perfect, antique dresser for Lia's room at an estate sale. It needs a lot of cosmetic TLC...but I am so looking forward to repainting it this summer. I knew it was the right one as soon as I saw it (and we got it for a song, which was icing on the cake)! A great "find' always makes me so cheery! I love a good project and I can't wait to get started.

Jim apparently missed the memo about Project Organization. He took Lia for a walk to a neighborhood garage sale and came home with Lia AND a huge, pink, inflatable trumpet in tow. If you have any good storage ideas for huge, pink, inflatable trumpets, I would be most appreciative. But check out Lia's expression as she lovingly caresses the huge, pink, inflatable trumpet. She. Loves. It. That expression is worth so much more than the buck Jim shelled out to bring that baby home. And hey...life really is a circus...and shouldn't we all be ready to join the parade??
Jim took advantage of the beautiful weather we are finally enjoying and washed his car. With Lia's...shall we say....help??? A husband cleaning and a little water play...just a few of the joys of summer!! Good times!


...and now back to my regularly scheduled break! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend as much as we did!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful big girl room she is set to have! I just love all the fun decorating you can do for little girls.

Lia is such a cute little trumpet player...too, too cute.

Melissa

Ashley Winters said...

Sounds like you had a productive weekend. I love the new furniture.

Bridget said...

Lia's new furniture is so cute. i love the pictures of her helping her daddy wash the car. Not sure about where you can store the trumpet:) Glad you had a nice weekend!

Jeff and Amy said...

Love the bed, and the dresser I am sure will be just adorable once a little tlc has been done. I am so glad that we can finally get out the summer clothes too!!!!

Blogs by Danielle said...

Love the bed and dresser.

While I love organization, I (shockingly) have never tried to make space for a huge inflatable trumpet.

How is that possible, you ask? I have no idea.

Jboo said...

Cool furniture -- can't wait to see the finished room! Love the big pink trumpet -- it's almost as cute as Lia!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Love the new furniture....especially the dresser....what a find!

Lia looks like she is a big help when it comes to washing the car!

Have a good week!

Lisa

Laurie said...

First of all- LOVE the newest pictures- we've been out of the crib for a long time but have yet to purchase the "real" big girl bed- I love the one you chose! I wanted to write and also say a BIG thanks for the beautiful Pay it Forward gift I received today. That was SO thoughtful of you! I had fun with it on my end too! :)

Erin said...

I love the bed, & the dresser! Lia will be living the good life in such a pretty room! She looks grown up in that bathing suit. And the trumpet... my boys have hauled home couches, a front door, big huge real estate signs, hideous oil paintings... from junk piles. It makes me sooo exasperated. Have a fun week. I have a package to send you, as soon as I get through High School graduation... which is one long party over here.

Heather said...

Oh you busy little bee!

I LOVE her big girl bed and the dresser is gorgeous - what a great summer project!!

The trumpet, well, hmphh, who doesn't have one of those??? Apparently we do not, but if Em or Hannah caught site of that pretty pink ditty, they'd be all over it!

To answer your question, Em is at Elite (it is an interesting story how she ended up there)but she had a great year and the recital was really fun...I will post pictures:)

Hoping to see you this summer.
Hugs,
Heather